From:
Ann Slaughter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 14:11:49 -0600
Hi Ya'll

 I have Check several Breastfeeding web sites as well as the LLL web site and searched the LACTNET archives and found only two listing for "Parvo Virus".  I didn't find the answer to my questions, so I thought I would ask them here again and see if anyone know the answer or could point me in the right direction. (With the permission of mom)  There is a 33-34 week preterm infant in our unit.  Both mom and baby are positive for the "Parvo Virus".  Mom's milk was also tested and was positive.  One of our Practioners asked me to research the files and see if it was OK to give mom's milk to baby and if there were any potential side effects or hazards of doing so.  The best I could find was that it depended on the gestation of the fetus (preterm) and that it could lead to Lupus like symptoms later.

Does anyone have any suggestions on this.  Need information ASAP.

Thank You
Ann