From:
Lisa Mooney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Dec 2001 04:04:32 EST
Well, I have been waiting a week for human resources to grant final approval for my job at the local hospital here. When I interviewed, the nurse manager wanted me primarily for High Risk Antenatal and L/D Triage and High Risk Antepartum Ward, which in this instance is located on the L/D ward. Well, I called today and the person told me the delay is because the director is trying to find the right title/slot for me so that I can also perform Lactation Duties, as they are just starting their program. Well, in my mind, that means I will be closer to being able to get that baby skin to skin and on the breast right away, in L/D, Yahoo.....I remember at my last job , as a hospital based LC, time and time again, seeing the difference it made to get them on right away and thinking , man , if we could only get the majority of the babes on within that first 30 mins to one hour, I bet it would decrease, 99% of the latch and suck problems. I was my friend's Doula and she had a Midwife delivery at K----r, need I say mor
e? I was very displeased with the way her delivery was handled, we did Hypnobirthing , but the baby was tight and short nuchal cord x 3, I knew this , as I am Clairsentient and I tried to tell the Midwife, who despite deep Variables from the Beginning, with slow recovery, refused to intervene approp, so my friend ended up with a huge medial and lateral epis and a  shocky baby with Mec, thankfully , who didn't require NICU care. I got him skin to skin 5 mins after birth, although the nurses didn't like my "interferring" with their admission, and he didn't do much other then tongue the colostrum we expressed on the nipple. I went home and the next morning my friend said, he fed twice already without difficulty and he went on to be a champion nurser, of course we also performed craniosacral therapy on him right away , which I am sure helped. Well, enough rambling,  one step at a time, we wil change the cultural norm.....Lisa Mooney RN BSN IBCLC CPHN MT