From:
Pat Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Jan 2002 06:48:06 -0500
Gee Winnie my birthday is next month, did you have to mention aging ?  :-)
However, what you said is so true.  There was an old saying in farming,
farming without succession, is failure.  This was addressing how dad becomes
set in his ways of farming and son comes along and wants to try the new
stuff and dad discourages it and son goes off to be something else and the
farm is sold for houses.  Same thing applies to all professions I think.  It
has to do with the Barker "Future Edge" paradigm, paradigm shifts and the
"newbie to expert" theory.  And if we can't make the transition we will fail
at bringing new LCs on board.
Pat in SNJ