From:
Magda Sachs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Dec 2001 15:05:47 -0000
.  I don't go as crazy any more over it, but
>I have started to use Righard and Alade's checklist for assessing a meal at
>the breast, as a way of illustrating the many, many components of good
>latch.  Going through the entire form with a room full of maternity ward
>staff is quite illuminating.

love you definition Rachel. sounded a huge chord with me!
Very interested in the above -- I know the paper where Margaret Alade
assessed and corrected the latch (for some of the trial women) and it has
always driven me crazy that there was no indication how the latching /
feeding was assessed.  Did I miss a reference?  Can you tell me where one
might find their checklist?

ta
Magda Sachs
Breastfeeding Supporter, BfN, UK