From:
Ann Perry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Nov 2001 19:54:24 EST
I have started my research on "the process of bottle feeding" but I need some
help from the Neonatalogists on the list.
In the literature the full term baby can loss up to 10% of it's birth weight
before they start the weight gaining and this is within normal limits.  Can
people on Lactnet give me direction for what is tolerated for preterm
infants, and I am assuming that the age will play into the percents tolerated
in loss?  I am looking for literature that I can read and reference.
Someone recently posted the note related to how things were done in the past,
that some things are just passed on in the written word without solid
scientific backing.  I think I am finding this out with how bottle feeding is
taught and done.
Thanks for any help.
Ann Perry, RN, IBCLC