Date:
Tue, 30 Oct 2001 08:44:13 -0700
Ok first, for all who don't subscribe to the theory that vaccinations can cause systemic yeast and subsequent autism, you may want to delete now, if you choose to read on, please... no posts about how ignorant I am for having this line of belief.  Peace... don't mean for this to sound curt, I am just in a hurry.

Have a client who has a child diagnosed with systemic yeast that doctors think they have traced back to antibiotic use at birth (emergency c/s, baby was also given abx).  Child has tested positive for mercury levels consistent with other vaccine tests and family is in the process of filing claim with Uncle Sam.  Anyway this really isn't about her, it's about her sister in law.  In looking at the family as a whole there have been several problems with systemic yeast, childhood delays, major gut trauma, etc.  After having this information the original client wanted to give her sister in law a heads up on what to expect, so they have taken the following line of defense.... no vax in the hospital, and hopefully no abx for baby, however the abx one is harder to fight with docs.  So... the mom is going to start acidophilus to hopefully keep the thrush at bay on her end, as well as garlic to help her over all health.  My question is really for the baby... after doing a little research, I have read and discussed with an ND the benefits of Bifidobacterium longum in children since it seems to absorb better in children under 7 than acidophilus does.  Does anyone here have any experience giving this to newborns?  I have seen it at the health food store in a powder and liquid form and it has a nice little bit on the side of the bottle about adding it to infant formula.  I was thinking that the mom could probably just add it to EBM and then cup feed it to the baby?  Any dosing thoughts?  Or thoughts on the length of therapy?  I have seen families in the past where all of the moms in one set have battled yeast and when approached by this mom about her family I was so interested in the dynamic that I am setting aside fees just because of the shear interest in this line of therapy.

Any thoughts? and again... please no flames, I don't have the energy to deal with them these days.

Melisa
~*~*~*~*~
Counselor to women in the areas of breastfeeding,
midwifery, and other health matters.
www.nurturingmama.com

Mom to Harry who changed my life,
Jacob who changed my spirit, and