From:
Robin/Joan MacNeil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Nov 2001 08:22:06 -0400
Hi Laurie,

When I had my twins 4 1/2 years ago, this came up for me as well - I had
babies with extremely different appetites - one ate short frequent small
meals and one ate long large meals. If I switched breasts then one got
foremilk overload, and the other was no where near satisfied. After much
reading of the archives here and Karen Kerkhoff's book, I chose to
assign a breast to each baby and rotate positions on that breast -
cradle hold one feed, football/clutch the next, etc. This worked very
well for addressing their individual feeding styles and as best as I can
figure gave the same outcomes as switching sides.

Joan
Joan MacNeil, RN, PNC(C), BScN, IBCLC
Halifax NS Canada
mailto:[log in to unmask]