From:
Beth Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Sep 2001 12:22:08 -0400
On 06 Sep 2001 10:47:24 -0400, [log in to unmask] wrote:

> also very concerned that in the end of its information it mentioned while
> breastmilk is best If the mother has an adequate diet that includes animal
> fats and protiens throughout her pregnancy and after so women may need to
> use a formula and the best one for them to use is a "homemade formula based
> on cows milk" ..... that recommendation alone, while the info on soy may be
> true,to advise making your own formula if you chose or can't breastfeed
> tends to promote me discounting the validity of this site.... anyone else
> red flag this?

Yes, and also the fact that many of the information pages ended with an
endorsement of some sort of product.  :-(  Weston Price was apparently a
researcher into  "primative" diets and a proponent of "natural" fats
such as butter (!), dairy (!) and in red meat.  He was searching,
according to the website, for something he called "Factor X" in these
foods that provides health benefits over technologically derived foods.

Their information on soy seems to make sense, but is too tied with their
interests for me to consider for client information.

:-)
Beth, who wonders if "Factor X" is related to "Chemical X," that vital
ingredient of the Powerpuff Girls (5 yo cartoon superheroes--very funny
and popular with kids & grownups)
--
Beth Johnson
Perinatal Educator, Doula

"The most powerful weapon in the hands of the oppressor
 is the mind of the oppressed." Steve Biko