From:
"Glass, Marsha" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Sep 2001 09:28:14 -0500
I just wanted to post the words to a country song that is out now that just
about makes me tear up every time I hear it.  It is sung by Jeff Carson and
is called "Real Life".  The song is about things that changed his life and
the last verse is priceless.  It goes,

"By your side.  Scared to death.  Felt the pain you were fighting.
Placed my palm - on your head.  Spoke your name.  Just keep trying.
Then you closed your eyes and took one last breath.
And when it was over you looked up...I laid our baby across your breast.

Chorus:  And I never was the same again.  From that moment on, real life
began."

The song is sung slowly and deliberately and with minimal accompaniment and
is very powerful.  I think it paints a magical and absolutely beautiful
picture of birth and what it involves for a couple.  I was especially
pleased that he used the word "breast", when he could easily have used
"chest".  The logical next thing would be that the baby latched on and
nursed!  Anyway, I just wanted to share that with this group that could
appreciate the picture it paints-even if you don't like country music!

Marsha, who loves country music and met my husband while line dancing!