From:
"Linda J. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Sep 2001 17:16:27 -0400
Jackie, thank you for a very kind and eloquent post. And THANK YOU to others
who have expressed their support and caring.

Grieving can take many forms, including disorganization and displaced anger.
Just in the barely 2 days since the unfathomable attacks in NY and DC, I've
found myself glued to the TV and internet news sites - activities that are
not my usual daytime pattern. As we attempt to "get back to work" with our
clients, we must be especially vigilant to monitor our OWN emotions and
words to avoiding displacing our grief onto our clients and colleagues.
Talking out feelings is part of working through a grieving episode. I
encourage those of us who may be grieving to find many listening ears. We
don't have a choice whether to grieve or not - only whether to grieve in
healthy or unhealthy ways.

Linda J. Smith, BSE, FACCE, IBCLC
Bright Future Lactation Resource Centre www.bflrc.com
6540 Cedarview Ct., Dayton, OH 45459-1214 USA
(937) 438-9458 email [log in to unmask]