From:
Robert Cordes DO <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Sep 2001 13:03:05 -0400
From Kathy D:
"If you spend any amount of time at all around mothers who feed babies this
often, you know that the mother has much MORE flexibility and time to get
her work done that a mother who must budget a 20-30 + minute breastfeeding
session every couple of hours.  When babies are fed this often, the mother
can easily take the baby off the breast when she needs to do something
without the baby fussing too much -- because the baby knows it'll be fed
again in just a few minutes.  The baby never gets too hungry this way
either.  It approximates the continuous nutrient delivery system of the
umbilical cord."

Thanks Kathy.
I will incorporate this into my anticipatory guidance.
My 2 week old well visits are becoming more and more like anthropology 101.

Rob

Robert Cordes, D.O.
general pediatrician
Wilkes Barre, PA