From:
Pat Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Jul 2001 06:48:45 -0400
I personally am having a problem with Janie's answer to Kathleen re: who
owns Lactnet.  Years ago I rented Medella pumps.  Does that mean at that
time that anything else I did in my professional life was "sponsored" by
Medela?  I don't think so!

I tried to be very circumspect and keep that part of my business life from
touching my professional life as a hospital LC and as a volunteer LLLL.  At
that time there just was not any place nearby to get pumps.  When a local
hospital started to rent pumps I gladly returned my rental pumps to Medela.
(It was a service, I never made much more than costs :-( used it to finance
new books when I needed them, without guilt.

I hope Janie does not leave Lactnet, but continues to contribute.  Her views
how how one type of pump works in her hospital is useful, just as others'
experiences with different pumps are useful.  But the usefulness ends when
she slurs Kathleen by saying Lactnet is owned by a pump co, when it is not.
How the listowner makes a living is not an issue.  Kathleen is very
circumspect about keeping her volunteer job (Lactnet) separate from the rest
of her jobs (LC, LLLL,
consultant).  Sincerely, Pat in SNJ