From:
Linda Draper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Jul 2001 15:38:59 -0700
I tried something for the first time yesterday that worked well. 3 week baby who was 37 weeks gest. and had very traumatic birth (ruptured uterus, stat C/S, respiratory distress, 5 days ICN, ABX, etc . . . .) who finally woke up and started BF well when milk supply finally increased but mom has 4 or 5 powerful MER's with EBP. Baby now feeds for 3-4 min. and pulls off screaming and won't return. I had her use a nipple shield yesterday during the visit and he nursed quite contentedly for 15 min! The shield would fill during the MER but he seemed to be able to control that as opposed to the spray. Never thought to try that before.

Linda Draper