From:
John Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Jul 2001 22:53:25 -0400
Hi there..  I'm rather new to all this having only recently developed
an appreciation for "classical" music.  However, in my travails through
various pieces by Messr's Bach, Handel, and Vivaldi, I have noticed that
while most major keys seem well represented, there seems to be very
little use of B Major as the tonic.  Is this unique to only the baroque
period or (as I suspect) the entire "classical" milieu, and why?

Thanks;
John