From:
Carole Jernigan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Jun 2001 22:22:54 -0700
Quick note to Diane Wiessinger:
Please DO NOT apologize for your words regarding the
(gasp!) Great Credential Debate of '01!  I thought
use this forum.
I especially liked the part about the public's
responsibility...my viewpoint is skewed (new to
lactation field, putting in clinical hours at a BUSY
women's hospital with a team of LC's and IBCLC's), but
in my dreams, the new moms I see who have stated an
intention to breastfeed will have read at least A
LITTLE, or gone to a class on bf basics, or contacted
LLL, PRIOR to giving birth!!  Isn't choosing a feeding
strategy for your baby, and not trying to learn a
little about it before you start, sort of like going
out to buy a new car when you don't even know how to
drive yet?  Not a great analogy, but it's late and my
peepers are tired.
I need to stop ranting and go to bed now...
Carole