From:
Michelle DePesa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Jun 2001 11:20:31 -0400
On a radio show yesterday folks were calling in to talk about post-partum
depression and the Andrea Yates case (she is a Texas woman accused of
drowning her 5 children). They got a lot of calls from women with PPD. One
woman called and urged other woman to get help, and the host (it was Margery
Egan) said, paraphrasing, "and don't forget you can still breastfeed with
most drugs; there are hormones involved with breastfeeding that help ease
PPD" (yay Margery!) but the caller then said, "yes but I had Post-partum
OCD, and breastfeeding hormones make that WORSE, so I had to stop."

Both Lawrence and Riordan & Auerbach had nothing on the subject of OCD, so I
am putting the question out; has anyone heard of this?

Michelle DePesa