Date:
Mon, 4 Jun 2001 22:00:14 EDT
One of my single, 27 year old daughters, Gayle, called tonight.  She said
that one of her college friends had been to see her this weekend with a 3
month old baby.  I held back from asking the usual question...but Gayle
supplied the answer for me.  She said her friend is breastfeeding despite
having had her baby in an area of the US that doesn't have the best
breastfeeding rates or support, having had a c-section and having implants.
Her friend is quite proud of her accomplishment and Gayle was very
complimentary to her.  Gayle also mentioned that breast implants are as
common as getting your ear's pierced among her peers.

It's a cultural change in the making.

Linda Inglis, BS IBCLC
Palm Harbor, FL (where it's rained 2 evenings in the last 3 but the fires are
still burning)