Date:
Mon, 21 May 2001 12:45:26 -0500
Thank you soooooooo much for all of the help you sent for my interview on
"elective induction" of labor. The private and public posts were all helpful.

I also did some research, called several Peds, and consulted my records. I
came up with some strong support (evidence based too) for my position in
opposition to convenience inductions.

The taping was about 35 minutes long. She interviewed an OB and two mothers
who had been induced.  I don't know how long the spot will be and I just
hope that whatever she chooses in the editing will be my most stellar points.

I'm telling LC friends that if it isn't good, then the good parts were cut. :)

I did feel good about it afterwards. I felt that I covered the most
important points. Of course, by the next day I was remembering the few
points that I had failed to mention.

My hope is that some mothers who see it will not be so eager to go along
with a recommendation to induce on a whim or for scheduling convenience.

Thanks for being there.

Pat Gima, IBCLC
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Mailto:[log in to unmask]