From:
Peg Merrill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 May 2001 23:56:36 -0400
> From: Automatic digest processor <[log in to unmask]>
> Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 10:20:10 -0400
> To: Recipients of LACTNET digests <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: LACTNET Digest - 28 May 2001 to 29 May 2001 - Special issue
> (#2001-311)
>
> I begin with frequent feeding/pumping, then go to More Milk, look at diet
> (for anti-galactogogues), then if she is eager, we begin negotiating with
> her physician for domperidone. I never recommend Reglan because of its risk
> for depression and anxiety. I have had a few who pursue the NZ or Mexican
> connection for domperidone.
I have been working with two moms lately on increasing their milk supplies
and was really interested to see the discussion  on this topic.  I have done
just about everything outlined, but this is the first time I have had
someone wiling to consider Domperidone.   I'm wondering two things - 1)What
have you found to be "anti-galactogogue" foods in the diet?  2)  How do you
go about negotiating with her physician for domperidone?? Are there articles
or statistics you give the Doc.  Does her Doctor have to prescripe it?