From:
Barbara Latterner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 May 2001 19:48:21 EDT
In a message dated 5/15/01 11:34:30 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

 "Giving new mothers advice about how to help their children sleep
 through the night..."

 To "help" someone is to assist him in doing something *he* wants to do.  To
 "make" someone do something is to assist him in doing something *you* want
 him to do.  Interesting that children apparently *want* to sleep through the
 night from an early age but are unable to do so without our "help".  Or
 could it be that we'd rather not acknowledge what children themselves think
 of sleep training...

 Diane Wiessinger, MS, IBCLC  Ithaca, NY >>

Well put, Diane!!  Another Wiessingerism to pass on to moms in my support
group who often need comebacks for family and friends!

Jan, Your comment was excellant-will try to remmeber that one, too!!

Barbara Latterner, BSN, RN, IBCLC
Brewster, NY