Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Apr 2001 13:52:35 -0700
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (20 lines)
Hello, 

I have been helping a new mom with many breastfeeding difficulties. The newest problem is an outbreak of nipple thrush. I believe this mom has an underlying bacterial infection because the nystatin cream is not working, and it has been 2 ½  days (how long should it take for her to notice improvement?)

I provided this mom with the basic recipe for APNO cream which Dr. Newman recommends, but her mother didn't approve, and went to the health food store and bought the 100% natural Super Salve cream. Has anyone heard of this, and is it safe?

It contains: olive oil, organic chaparral, comfrey, echinacea flower, usnea moss, bees wax, cocoa butter, sweet almond oil, vet e oil, essential oils, lemon, lemon grass, lavendar, tea trea and cajaput.  (Oy vey!)

The container says it is "a strong medicated salve for soothing and healing - anti-inflammatory - anti-fungal.

Oh well, I know this is a lot of stuff for one little cream, but if anyone has heard of this working, (or not), please respond to the list.  Thanks!

Brenda Phipps, BS, IBCLC

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(TM)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2