From:
Brenda Phipps <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Apr 2001 13:52:35 -0700
Hello,

I have been helping a new mom with many breastfeeding difficulties. The newest problem is an outbreak of nipple thrush. I believe this mom has an underlying bacterial infection because the nystatin cream is not working, and it has been 2 ½  days (how long should it take for her to notice improvement?)

I provided this mom with the basic recipe for APNO cream which Dr. Newman recommends, but her mother didn't approve, and went to the health food store and bought the 100% natural Super Salve cream. Has anyone heard of this, and is it safe?

It contains: olive oil, organic chaparral, comfrey, echinacea flower, usnea moss, bees wax, cocoa butter, sweet almond oil, vet e oil, essential oils, lemon, lemon grass, lavendar, tea trea and cajaput.  (Oy vey!)

The container says it is "a strong medicated salve for soothing and healing - anti-inflammatory - anti-fungal.

Oh well, I know this is a lot of stuff for one little cream, but if anyone has heard of this working, (or not), please respond to the list.  Thanks!

Brenda Phipps, BS, IBCLC