Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 00:14:54 -0700
7bit
From:
Wendi Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Lactnetters,

I haven't posted in a long time but I am always lurking and learning.  I
have a question from a mom that I can't find an answer to.  I have searched
the archives but haven't found anything.  I am hoping to hear your
collective wisdom on the matter.  Thanks in advance for the help.  This is
reposted with the mom's permission.
<My dd now 8 months has a severe bovine allergy which we discovered at 5
weeks of age, back then everything she vomited up smelled sour even if it
was freshly nursed milk, even the milk I pumped would seem to spoil in
minutes, I figured I has a lipase problem but it seemed to go away. Now
here's the thing... about every 2 months or so I eat a little cheese to see
how dd reacts its like a 1/2 inch cube and each time she vomits within 24
hours (once it was 2 days) but I noticed something weird, my milk smells
sour when I eat any bovine protein! I had forgotten its happened till a few
hours ago when she vomited without warning while nursing and it was SOUR. We
were out all afternoon and she had refused to nurse do to to many things
going on so I know her tummy was empty and it all came back up smelling sour
and she was still nursing so I doubt 5 min old milk could sour this bad. So
is it possible the bovine protein is causing my milk to sour and have you
ever hear of this?>

Wendi Jones
breastfeeding advocate
http://www.lactivist.com