From:
Tammy Schilling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 May 2001 08:46:52 -0400
I agree with much of what Kathy D. wrote here, but I have to wonder...where did
we get the idea in our culture that we have to choose which is more important
(children/marriage)?  Seems to me an impossible choice, and a very unfair one
for the, umm, experts (cough cough) to ask parents to make.  In my own family
(and I'm sure in many others, too) we simply take a view of we are all equally
important, all of the time.  Some of us have more pressing needs at different
stages/ages, but that doesn't lessen the importance of any of us.

So, back to the original questions, where does this come from?  Is it just
another effect of the "me" culture that we have developed?  Or perhaps from a
fear of marriage failure brought about by our incredible divorce rates?

On a bright note, much as the media would like to portray the world as having
nothing but ugliness and cultural chaos there must still be plenty of caring
people in the world or lists like this wouldn't exist.  : )

Tammy Schilling
LLL leader, MD
--
personal copy designs