From:
Judy Ritchie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 10:30:45 -0700
This was my reply to the email address on Dr. John Rosemond site:

I sent it to: [log in to unmask]

Dr. Rosemond must be getting quite cranky in his old age.  Interesting
as he is a man.  I as a woman in middle age now at 54 with two grown
daughters 25 and 27 and I find him becoming harsh.

The old adage "if it feels wrong, it probably is" applies in this single
mom's case.  Rather than the cruelty in the name of "cold turkey," the
sleeping arrangement could be negiotiated in stages.  A mattress on
mom's floor for a week and then slowing moving it away from mom into the
kids own room would be much better.  Once she sleeps soundly on the
mattress in her own room, she could have a reward of a special event.

This is a child with one parent.  We don't know the circumstances under
which she does not have a father in the home.  We don't know her daycare
arrangements and whether she feels "safe" there.  Making her feel safe
at home is much better than the horrors you suggest.  Why don't you ask
some adults as to the clearest memory in their mind about their
childhood and it will be some situation in which they felt fear or felt
helpless.  Your scenerio is bound to become one of her worst memories.

Sorry to say Rosemond has become a "mean" older man.  I used to like
some of his answers (regarding teenagers).
Judy Ritchie