Date:
Fri, 25 May 2001 08:22:32 -0600
>If something is extended or prolonged,
>it is stretched out too far -- beyond its normal or comfortable length

I often find my self using the term self lead nursing.  I use the term
especially in regards to people asking me questions about when I am going to
wean my toddler (2.4 yrs).  I usually follow it up with a statement that we
make so many choices for our children these days (when to sleep, eat, get
dressed, where we are going, etc) that they can often times feel powerless
in this big world, I like to think that allowing my children to wean when
they are ready gives them a little power over themselves, building a
trusting and encouraging bond between them and myself with regards to other
things.

Also I wanted to say that maybe, since Dateline will be coming back, you
could put in the word that Michael Jordan's mom EN all of her children.
Somewhere I know I read that she credits his great athletic abilities to the
fact that he nursed until he was 3 years old.  Maybe they could get with her
and verify the facts and use that in the story as well.  He is such a
revered sports star that I would think America could easily identify with
nursing and raising strong, healthy children.

I am saying a big prayer that the folks at NBC (who have disappointed me
before) don't mess this up and turn us into a bunch of freaks. ;O)

Melisa
~*~*~*~*~
Did you hear? Breast is Best!
Certified Lactation Counselor
Student Midwife
Alternative Medicine Counselor in Training
Childbirth Educator
www.nurturingmama.com

Mom to Harry who changed my life,
Jacob who changed my spirit, and