Date:
Wed, 18 Apr 2001 21:26:34 EDT
Joanne writes:

<< Having someone talk in public about breastfeeding
 twins would be wonderful. Or does she have doubts? Has her hcp told her
 that nobody can breastfeed multiples? What is your take on this? >>

My take is that the poor woman already knows that her babies and her
relationship with them are going to be subject to extensive public scrutiny
after their born, and she sensibly isn't going to participate in the
extension of that scrutiny into the antenatal period!

And really, how can she say now what she's going to do with any definiteness?
   The woman is an expert in being a governer, not in lactation or in
parenting, for that matter -- I'm sure she hopes to do best she can by those
babies, and she'll have to see how that plays out in real life, just like
everybody else.

Clearly she's been supportive of other people's breastfeeding, so I am here
to wish her good luck with her own.   Period.

Elisheva Urbas
I grew up as a rabbi's kid, so I have a lot of sympathy for families forced
to live their private life in the public eye.