Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Tony Knox <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Jun 2001 13:50:58 +0100
It sounds to me like a 'nick' in the thoracic duct leading to a chylothorax.
It is critical to rectify this as otherwise heart and lungs can be
'squashed' if fluid loculates. I assume there is a chest drain in to relieve
pressure but the cut will never heal if the child receives fat in the diet.
It would be an acceptable reason to stop BF [as long as mum is properly
advised on pumping since BF can resume as soon as the leak stops]. Feeding
is often confusing as low fat milk or medium chain triglycerides are given.
MCT is a lipid but is metabolised without thoracic duct leakage.

Tony Knox