From:
Dana Gunton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Feb 2001 13:46:52 -0500
This message was rejected but I am not sure why.

It is directed at everyone but especially to Carla D'Anna who responded to
one of my questions on Lactnet.

Thank you Carla for responding to my questions.  It is a good idea to
introduce myself on Lactnet.  I am not very familiar with the procedure of
chats etc.

My name is Dana and I am from London, Ontario, Canada.  My background is
Business Marketing and Nutrition.  I am now taking a Breastfeeding course
through Mohawk College in Hamilton, Ontario to become a Lactation
Consultant in the London area.  On a personal note, I have a darling 6
month old son.  The apple of my eye, along with my husband!  It took me 8
days to get him to latch on.  I stayed in the hospital extra time and still
left to come home with my baby who was eating out of tubes and cups.  I did
not give up and we are now breastfeeding with no problems.  He is now 17
1/4 lbs at 6 months.

It raised my interest to the challenges of breastfeeding and the support
available in the community.   I found that the one-on-one support of a
lactation consultant who came to my home to help me 6 days in a row was so
much more successful then me and my newborn going to a clinic.  (nothing
wrong with the clinics though!!!!)

Therefore, it has opened my eyes and heart to a new career, helping others
and helping babies get the best start in life!--being breastfed.

Thanks for your support with my questions.  I had referenced 4 textbooks, 2
videos and the internet and was a little challenged by these points.

Thank you LACTNET for this opportunity.