Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Susan Keith-Hergert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 May 2001 11:15:31 -0400
I want to begin by stating that the early research on NEC and breastmilk is
what led me out of NICU nursing and into lactation consulting. There is NO
question that ABM contributes to the risk of NEC! This mom has a lawsuit to
win if there ever was one.

As to the question of whether a baby with NEC can receive mom's milk.....
I'd say it depends on baby's condition. Many of those little NEC babies are
unable to receive anything into the gut for a long, long time. Remember, in
NEC the gut wall actually dies. I hope they caught this little person early
before he lost too much gut.

Susan Keith-Hergert RN, MS, CPN, IBCLC