From:
Judy Ritchie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Mar 2001 14:30:41 -0800
Chris Hafner-Eaton's post is very upsetting.  By not mentioning where in
the US this took place, none of us have the ability to stay alert to
what
may happen if we or someone we know lives there.  Perhaps the mother may
give permission just to say what area this is.

Some medical communities are likely to get court orders for chemotherapy
when a child is stable or to force a blood transfusion even when an
alternative treatment route exists. Parents have been known to run away
and hide with their child due to the pressure.
Judy Ritchie