From:
Cathy Bargar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Feb 2001 18:04:55 -0500
I have an idea - why don't some of us read the book before we go on & on
about how terrible and sad and oppressive the author's suggestions are?!

I know, we're conditioned to expect the worst, and of course everyone is
entitled to an opinion, but I find it kind of upsetting to have one after
another negative posting about this woman and her "methods", when no one (so
far) has said they've actually read her book?

Just a thought....And believe me, I guarantee that I'm as good as this woman
at "baby-whispering", and if I could get paid thousands of dollars a day to
calm fretful babies you better believe I'd be out there doing so! I wonder
if I could just hang out my shingle as "baby soother"?

Cathy Bargar RN IBCLC (who just saw her first copy of "Babywise" in a
client's home today! I'm afraid I looked at it about as kindly as I would a
poisonous serpent curled up on the coffee table!)
Ithaca NY