From:
Tammy Schilling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Feb 2001 14:21:44 -0500
Nataliya Wilson wrote:

> It is interesting that in the Netherlands they don't administer Rhogham
> shot during pregnancy (at least the first one).  I am Rh negative and
> didn't get any shots at all because my son turned out to be Rh neg too.
> How come procedures differ in different countries?

It's not so much that the procedure differs from one country to another, it
more from one DR to another.  My sister who is RHneg had the shot during
pregnancy.  I am also RHneg and did not get the shot because my baby was also
neg.  It's just the difference in the way DRs work.

I don't have any real scientific explanation for it.  Just seems that some
prefer it one way and some another.  Possibly it's a cost thing?  It is
significant for low income mothers whose insurance won't cover it (though it
is usually covered) or don't have insurance at all.  If they can wait and
find that maybe they won't need it?

Tammy Schilling
--
personal copy designs