Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Mar 2001 15:09:44 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (11 lines)
Does anyone know any LCs in the Staten Island, NY area that can do a home visit with a mom.  This mom had a borderline preemie (now 4 weeks) who is very, very fussy and has been pumping and bottlefeeding.  The baby is starting to take the breast occasionally but mom is having a lot of problems and is on the verge of throwing in the towel.  The mom ( I have her permission to post), who has Multiple Sclerosisis, has had mastitis and is battling with recurrent engorgement and plugged ducts and recently has added nipple soreness and blisters to the mix.  She has been afraid to contact anyone for help because she has gotten some criticism for using bottles in the first place.  She knows the relationship between bottles and nipple confusion, but the baby was very ill at birth and cascading problems got the baby onto the bottle.  She is looking for a compassionate non-judgemental person for  hands on help her get the baby more comfortable latching on and sucking correctly.  If you know anyone, please email me privately at [log in to unmask]

Pam Rubin, BSE, ME, LLL 
Reston, Virginia

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(TM)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2