Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Phyllis Adamson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Mar 2001 01:29:51 -0700
Chris: Calcium Citrate is recommended because it's the best absorbed
artificial mineral supplement. I think all calcium supps create "gas" or
"wind" in the person taking them, but I have my doubts about passing that
gas to the baby thru the milk. Try it and see if the specific ingredients of
that supplement irritate the baby. We could still be right back to
considering a very generous milk supply and powerful MER. You'd get gas too
if someone injected your food into your mouth!

One does get the image of little 'gas' bubbles making their way from mom's
digestive tract, thru her arteries, into the milk glands & bubbling out her
nipples. Ever see - or hear - "winding" nipples?

Someone taking calcium supps should also be taking magnesium to balance it &
aid in digestion / absorbtion. I think it's a 4:1 ratio of calcium to
magnesium. The dietary experts can chime in here with the most accurate
info. I also understand that magnesium aspartate or magnesium glycenate are
the best versions for the same reasons.

7+ years of nursing & I still showed up with 25% Osteo in my late 50's. It's
genetic for me. I know I wasn't deprived of dairy products in my childhood -
or now for that matter. So I'm happily, or not so happily, swallowing pills
& "winding".  I'm the one on the freeway on my way to work with the car
windows open.   :-}   I think I'll skip my pills tonight...

Phyllis Adamsin, IBCLC