Date:
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 11:25:14 -0700
>However Lactnet is a professional forum
>and maybe there is a more appropriate place for those at a basic level
>to share and learn? I will probably get flamed for saying that but I had
>to!

Ok, not going to flame you just disagree, A LOT! lol.  Who says she is not
professional?  and if she had not posted about blood in stools being from
nipples then she would not have learned that it wasn't from that source.
You are right to say that we are all on different levels of learning here,
but just because my college education wasn't in lactation doesn't mean I
should be some place else!  I am in private practice, and I am also on the
path to learning other things (homeopathy, etc), but I benefit greatly from
the posts here, as I hope that some of you benefit from mine.  I remember a
great teacher when I was in college making the statement that the only
stupid question is the one not asked.  So while we are a group of over 2000
strong, we still need to be polite, whether it's in posting back to someone
here, or sending them a private email.  Something happens to people when
they sit down in front of the computer, whether they be professionals or
not, an ego comes into play that wouldn't be there if we were all in a room
discussing such things. I have had responses from folks on this very list
that I know they wouldn't dare say to my face, so why do they dare type in
on their screen?   Let's try to be understanding and remember when "we" were
the ones asking the "dumb questions".

Stepping down now from this soap box... which today is scribbled with crayon
and has stickers all over it, what wonderful little helpers I have!

Melisa
Did you hear? Breast is Best!
Certified Lactation Counselor
IBCLC Exam Candidate