Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"Marita Nickison, RN, IBCLC" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 15:14:58 -0500
Hello everyone -
My name is Marita Nickison. I am an RN, IBCLC in Fremont, California.  (And
I am not raking in the dough in private practice.) ;)  I recently got web
access and have enjoyed lurking on Lactnet.  Wow!  There is an incredible
amount of knowledge out there.

The posts about the itching armpits reminded me of another interesting
letdown experience - diarrhea.  In the first few weeks postpartum, with all
three kids, I frequently had to go running to the toilet with baby either
attached in the sling or screaming at being put down just when the milk was
beginning to flow.  This happened as soon as letdown occurred.  I never said
anything about it to anyone.  (And here I am shouting it from the rooftops.)
At a conference for IBCLCs, one mentioned that she had a client who vomited
with letdown in the early days.  Then, in this room of 50, 3 others popped
up and said that they had had clients who had diarrhea.  We surmised that it
was the oxytocin(?).  I felt much better knowing that it had happened to
others.  I did a search in the archives and didn't find any matches.
Thought I'd