From:
Jennifer Tow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Jan 2001 22:52:23 EST
In a message dated 1/20/1 11:29:20 PM, [log in to unmask] writes:

<< So am I, but such hostile rhetoric which dumps all of us "peds" into the
same mass lump is not helpful. Many of us are trying to make changes from the
inside too. >>

Kate,
You are certainly right. I can't imagine my family practice doc telling
parents that supplements are best, either. What is frustrating to me is the
person/people behind this. They are the ones we expect to be on the side of
bf. At the meeting where this was announced, LC's raised the sunshine
question. The response was equally frightening: "since *no amount of sun
exposure is safe*, it is not an acceptable solution". And the LC's were told
that there was no room for further discussion. (As I said, this is
second-hand from someone who was there, but I find it very believable. She
came back with a copy of the North Carolina study, which was used as
justification).
Jennifer Tow, IBCLC, CT, USA