From:
Patrica Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Nov 2000 07:11:52 -0500
>By the way Pat- I have often been curious is "Pat in SNJ" mean Pat in
South New Jersey- or what?
Dear Gloria, I  use Pat in SNJ to distinguish from the several Pats on the
list and yes it is southern New Jersey, a very distinct area of NJ.
Generally considered the 7 southern counties, below Trenton.  We are
oriented towards Philadelphia, use their TV stations and airport etc. as
opposed to northern NJ which is oriented towards New York City.  We also
have a different regional accent than NNJ :-) SNJ is basically rural with
lots less population so we don't have a lot of say in NJ politics.  We've
tried to secede, but they won't let us :-)  Actually many states have a
"step-child" area like the panhandle of FL, the thumb and the Upper
Pennisula in MI, etc. When you look at the shapes of the states in US,
you'd think a very dizzy (or drunk) map maker designed the whole thing.
Sincerely, Pat in SNJ