From:
Diane Wiessinger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Dec 2000 08:47:15 -0400
>Let's not lose sight of the fact that while AIM is definitely
>overused and over promoted, it does have some legitimate uses

Rule #1 is "Feed the Baby", not "Feed the Baby Breastmilk".  But we need
remind ourselves every single time we use formula that the *only* reason
standard formula has *any* legitimate uses is that there aren't enough milk
banks.  And every one of us who uses formula to jump start babies in need
*also* has a professional obligation to work toward establishing a bank or a
satellite bank (that simply buys from an established bank) at our own
facility.

Diane Wiessinger, doing so at an astoundingly glacial pace in Ithaca, NY,
but hoping that reminding others will remind herself