From:
Yael Wyshogrod <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Dec 2000 09:42:39 +0200
This story reminded of my experience with my first baby.  Although she
wasn't premature or in the NICU, I had a very poor start and an agonizing
two weeks of pumping and unsuccessful attempts at breastfeeding, after which
I gave up and bottle fed formula.   I was in terribly depressed, similar to
this mother, so I sought help, I gave it another try and completely
relactated starting at 6 weeks postpartum.  Some of you on Lactnet know my
story.  When I read this letter (other than some of the details), it flet
like it was me eleven years ago.

If it would help this mother to get support from someone with a similar
experience with a happy end, she may contact me.

Yael Wyshogrod IBCLC
Rechovot, Israel