From:
Helen M Woodman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Nov 2000 03:42:42 EST
Maria, you said

Maria, have faith in yourself, you do not have to be medically trained to
know that this is rubbish.  I realise that you would not have posted if you
did not already feel that this was so.  It is almost as if the HCP believes
that the food the mother takes before Dextrose IV goes directly into baby via
mother's oesophagus joined onto the umblical cord, no doubt!!!!!!  Your IBCLC
training will have given you access to plenty of hard evidence to show that
that is quite untrue, your good up-to-date reference books can be used for
quoting text.  Your US BabyFriendly should also give you references.  The WHO
text on hypoglycaemia can be gone through and references at the end explored
for extra ammunition.

www.who.int/chd/publications/imci/bf/hypoglyc/hypoclyc.htm

Have a look at our UK BabyFriendly url at end of my signature line, that
might help.

Thank you for posting and sharing your frustration.

Helen Woodman, National Childbirth Trust Breastfeeding Counsellor,
Storrington, West Sussex UK.   Have you visited the NCT UK site?
www.nct-online.org    NCT Maternity Sales www.nctms.co.uk      NCT Scotland
site www.the-nct.org.uk     BabyFriendly.org.uk