From:
Rachel Myr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Nov 2000 10:20:04 +0100
Denise Punger wrote, about talking to mothers about BF experience, 'Most
moms are really glad I asked and they have some interesting stories they
have wanted to share.'

You are onto something, Denise, and others would do well to take notice.
You ask, they share.  You listen,find out where they are and go from there.
This will almost never result in an inappropriate response from the helper
to the helpee.  It is also less likely to result in wasted efforts by the
helper.  Do any of us have so much time and energy to spare that we don't
need to focus on where we can do the most good?

sincerely
Rachel Myr
editor, midwife, IBCLC, still lay BF counsellor, lapsed (US) RN, BSN and BA,
Norwegian, soccer mom, band mom, school mom, CISV mom, wife, maker of great
salads, repository of countless song lyrics and singer-along with car radio,
passable amateur photographer, library card holder in several cities in two
countries, felter and knitter, aggressive non-skier and non-cookie
baker...oh, forget it, scratch all the above and just put 'typical incurable
Lactnut'
Kristiansand, Norway