From:
"Johnson, Martha (PHMG)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Dec 2000 11:32:06 -0800
Dear Jack,
What I was hoping for would be some references that show about 50% of yeast
strains are resistant to Nystatin, I have heard this for the last couple
years, and found it to be true in my own practice at the birth center where
I worked for the last 10 years.  Getting the nurse midwives there to agree
to change to gentian violet as the first-line treatment was no problem.  In
October I took an LC job at a big Level III hospital, the neonatologists
have "ownership" of the baby's care, and may not be aware that mom can be
reinfected if babys treatment is not effective.  So we need to
update/educate them.
TIA--
Martha