From:
Jean Macomber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Sep 2000 22:43:50 -0400
Hi, all,

Since so many of you graciously offered your opinions and suggestions
about the triplet mom who couldn't pump more than one ounce of
breastmilk per day at week three, I thought I'd update you.

Mom is about 5 weeks out now. She took triplet "A" home on Monday and
chose to stop pumping as she was overwhelmed with her new routine. She
never did achieve more than one ounce/day. And her OB never did sono or
blood test her for retained placental fragment. (Boo!) She is a sweet
girl and we will continue to support her. ("Sympathetic magic",
right,Katharine?) She told me on Tuesday that she and hubby and baby had
spent much of the night "just cuddling". Don't ya love it?

Thanks for all your ideas. This group really has such a wealth of
knowledge and each person's thoughts seem to spur new insights. What an education!

Jean Macomber, RN, IBCLC
Jacksonville, FL (where with 1200 deliveries/yr they're approving 1.0
FTE for LC!)