Date:
Mon, 13 Nov 2000 21:36:35 EST
Carol,

You hit on a great point.  Docs (medical school through attending ship) often
utilize mnemonics to remember stuff. ER types especially go into this kind of
thing. It's fun, the imagery really can help thinks to stick in one's head.
Also "code" cards that boil things down to a small card are also well loved.
At the AAP meeting I saw a really cool Developmental Code Card (listing
developmental pearls from birth to 10 yrs) from the "Read Out and Read"
program out of Boston.

The key is finding relatively "clean" mnemonics for memorizing breastfeeding
management.  I could only remember the "dirty stuff" in med school.

Mimi
Pierrette Mimi Poinsett, MD FAAP
Modesto CA