Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 9 Nov 2000 21:03:57 EST
I think it is interesting that some are uncomfortable talking about our pay.
Is this a woman thing?  Hospitals have for years discouraged nurses from
discussing salaries.  Then when a new nurse is paid what the 5 yr. nurse is
paid, no one is the wiser.  I think we NEED to talk about it!  How else do we
know what the standard is?  I know most of us would prefer not to charge for
what we do.  It is very hard for me to take money from a Mom with a sick baby
that is out of work and,,,,well you get the picture.  But when we also have
to make a living, pay bills, etc., we need to get paid what we are worth!
Insurance companies have to have a standard to be able to compensate
us--right?  PLEASE, email me privately if you want, but this is important!

Evonne
"If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem."