Date:
Mon, 18 Sep 2000 07:42:51 EDT
My understanding is that it is not so much general bacteria that is the
concern, but I think hepatits and AIDS was mentioned.  I understand the
frustration about the antique pumps, I have seen some really great ones on
ebay.  It just seems that people survived without ebay before, and I don't
think that by disallowing breastpumps that it will make the breastfeeding
rate fall.  I am also someone who as an employee parks in the very back
spaces at the hospital because I wouldn't want to be responsible for an
elderly person not getting a close space because I had parked in one.  I also
take this stand on the pumps.  As far as I know there is a risk with multiple
users.  I don't want to be responsible.  With clients, I tell what I know and
tell them the choice is theirs.  The clients on ebay are not making a true
informed consent.  Maybe of they were required to site research as to why
there may be cross contamination and let them make a choice it would work.
Claudia