HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Charles Adkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Nov 2000 10:31:45 -0900
This brings up an interesting thought, maybe some of you would like to
comment on.  When two cultures interact, are ideas and practices given or
stolen from one to the other.  Are new emigrants given the right to
celebrate existing customs or do they steal the right to celebrate
practices commonly in use.  At what point does a new idea, gained from a
different culture, become part of the gaining culture.  Where does
responsibility end for and action taken by the individual, a culture, a
nation?
charles

John White <[log in to unmask]>@asu.edu> on 11/16/2000 09:59:58 AM

Please respond to HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY <[log in to unmask]>

Sent by:  HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY <[log in to unmask]>