Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Anne Cook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 11:19:39 -0400
Jan wrote:

>It boils down to -- we don't know what colic really is.

From a parenting book I read nearly 30 years ago:

New mom to doctor: "Doctor, for crying out loud, what is colic?"
Doctor to new mom: "Colic is the name for crying out loud."

Common wisdom of that day was that nervous moms caused colicky babies.  I
knew that it was the colicky baby who caused the nervous mom! (which ties
this in with another discussion...it is a positive correlation, but the
cause and effect were turned around.)

Anne Cook, whose colicky baby has been "crying out loud" for 27 years and
who offers some reassurance to moms that these babies tend to be very bright