From:
Lynette Blair <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Sep 2000 16:59:00 -0400
>Second, the books (Auerbach & Riordan, BAB) say that normal hematocrit at 3
>mos is around 12 gm/dl.  Can anyone tell me what measurements the doc is
>using (33 what?) and how it compares?

A response from a lurker, I'm sure someone else will have a more thorough
answer, but the 33 most likely refers to hematocrit, which is measured in %.
Hemoglobin is measured in gm/dl.  Hematocrit is usually roughly 3 times
hemoglobin (11 gm/dl hgb would have about 33% hct), but I don't have
references available for infant normal values.  Hope this helps.

Lynette (MLT ASCP in my previous life), mom2three now, LC or midwife
wannabe...